Weddings by Steven
Plan Your Perfect Wedding
In North Central Florida
Celebrate Your Special Day
In a Special Place
As a wedding officiant and ordained minister in the Universal Life Church Ministries, I offer couples both traditional and non-traditional wedding ceremonies.
You are invited to celebrate one of the most important days of your lives together here in beautiful north central Florida. Our beaches, parks and venues provide an array of beautiful backdrops for your wedding ceremony. Local wedding planners, photographers, restaurants and hotels stand ready to make your wedding day memorable.
Every bride and groom share unique expectations for their wedding ceremony. Many couples choose a non-denominational theme, often exchanging vows they have written. Each ceremony is special and reflects the bride and groom’s individuality. Couples often share a unity candle or blend sand; mix wine or seal an anniversary box; plant a tree or release a sky lantern. As your wedding officiant, my goal is to provide the exact experience you anticipate. An event to be treasured for a lifetime. The choices are many and as individual as you.
Your Inquiry is Welcome
We Are Here To Help
As a resident of Cedar Key, I have resources, recommendations and referrals available throughout the region. Whether you are marrying or reaffirming your vows, I am privileged to serve your needs.
My non-denominational services are fully accredited by the Universal Life Church Ministries and recognized by the State of Florida.
Telephone or email for additional information. Referrals graciously provided.
Marriage Law Requirements for Florida Marriage Licenses:
- The legal age for marriage, with parent’s consent, is sixteen(16).
- The legal age for marriage without parental consent is eighteen (18) years of age.
- Same sex marriage is legal in the state of Florida.
- No blood tests are required.
- Couples wishing to be married in the state of Florida must apply for a marriage license.
- A marriage license may be obtained from any county in the State of Florida (regardless of where you live or where you are getting married), and may be used to be married in any county within Florida.
- Marriage license is valid for 60 days after issuance.
- Photo ID (Driver’s License, Passport or State ID with picture)
- Both parties must be prepared to give their Social Security number.
- Both parties are to appear in the Clerk’s Office and sign the application.
- The fee for a marriage license is $93.50 and there is a three (3) day waiting period for Florida residents; there is no waiting period for non-residents.
- Florida residents who have completed a premarital preparation course and can provide completion certificates will only be required to pay $61.00 and the three (3) day waiting period will be waived.